Wareham Man Arrested After Nearly Hitting Cruiser
WAREHAM — On Tuesday, at about 1:00 a.m., a Wareham Police officer observed a car on Cranberry Highway near Onset Avenue traveling at a high rate of speed in the opposite lane. The vehicle crossed over the double solid line towards the cruiser forcing the officer to take evasive action to avoid being struck.
He then turned his cruiser around and went after the vehicle which was now accelerating. The vehicle quickly pulled into the Rosewood Motel and the officer pulled in behind the car, conducting a motor vehicle stop.
Another officer arrived on location to assist, and the operator was ordered from the vehicle. It was determined, after investigation that the operator was impaired and was placed under arrest.
Thomas Tuell, 23, of Wareham, was charged with the following offenses:
· Operating under the influence of liquor
· Failure to stop for police
· Unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle
· Negligent operation of a motor vehicle
· Marked lanes violation
· Failure to drive in right lane
· Possession of an open container in a motor vehicle
Wareham Police Department