Your Guide to Experience Gifts on the SouthCoast
Christmas is only four weeks away. Christmas shopping is on your mind, but you have no idea what to get your kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, etc. You know they already have almost every toy imaginable, and anything they don’t already have will most likely be crossed off their Christmas list by someone else. Where does that leave you?
Instead of filling the playroom with toys that will be played with for all of five minutes before moving on to the next one, how about you give your favorite kiddos the gift of an experience that they will never forget? Double the points if it’s something that involves you to make a meaningful memory because gifting your TIME is wicked important to a little kid. We have a few local ideas for you:
- Tickets to a show at a local theatre. Here are a few suggestions:
- Trampoline jump passes - Fun City Trampoline Park in Seekonk, Get Air in Swansea, FunZ in New Bedford.
- Zoo membership - Buttonwood Park Zoo in New Bedford
- A full session for a new sport (gymnastics, football camp, etc.)
- A plane ticket to visit someone special - The plane ride itself is an adventure, but seeing a loved one is the cherry on top! (grandma, aunt, etc.)
- Art classes - Get creative juices flowing with kids’ classes with the New Bedford art museum or the Children’s Art Lab in Mattapoisett.
- Swim lessons - We live along the coast and what better way to make sure your child is safe and having fun than with swim lessons? Buy gift cards from the YMCA Southcoast and send your kiddos to swim when ready.
- Dance classes - Maybe it's ballet, hip-hop, or maybe gymnastics, either way, get your kiddo a new tutu or tap shoes and a full session of dance to go with it.
- Payment for summer camp - Summer camp can be one of the best experiences for your children. With a little bit of pre-planning, giving the gift of camp is fun for your kids and super appreciated by their parents. Another good reason to buy some gift cards to your local YMCA!
- Indoor rock-climbing experience - Not everyone is lucky enough to have a world-class rock climbing gym right in their backyard. Youth classes are a fun way to exercise and tire out your gang.
- Tickets to a game - Tickets don’t mean major league seats - kids are just as happy to see the Providence Bruins or the Harlem Globetrotters. It's sitting in the stands that create the memories.
- Movie gift card for the local theatre - This will most definitely be appreciated over winter break or the next snow day.
- Donation to a future college fund - Helping kids get set-up to be free of the financial burden that comes with college is undoubtedly a great gift.
- Museums - Take advantage of the many museums nearby like the New Bedford Whaling Museum, Boston Science Museum, Fall River Children’s Museum, or Cape Cod Children's Museum
- Volunteer Opportunity - You CANNOT put a price tag on the gift of giving back. Click HERE to register at VolunteerSouthcoast.org and search through hundreds of local opportunities.