Trump Is To Media What Bugs Bunny Is To Elmer Fudd
I'm actually starting to be impressed with Trump's strategy. He is telling the media they have, for years not properly cover the Islamic terrorist acts in Europe or in the USA, as he makes his case that the threat is real. The "smarter" liberal media stars are tweeting and airing about how they have indeed covered these things with great effort.
But are they falling right into Trump's hands? The liberal media is trying to assist the Democrats in Washington and in individual states in demonizing the measures of security the president is calling for to limit the opportunities for Islamic terrorism here. Trump's position is simply that the threat of Islamic terrorism is real and America isn't doing enough.
I'm looking at all of the suddenly indignant journalists go on the offensive to remind viewers and readers of how they indeed covered:
- The beheading of a Christian Oklahoma woman by Alton Nolen, a.k.a. Jah’KeemYisreal, her muslim co-worker who was fired after his loud argument with co-workers that stoning to death all women who committed adultery, was justified.
- The murders of 5 US military recruiters in Chattanooga, Tennessee by Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez the Kuwaiti born and son of a Palestinian refugee.
- The November 5, 2009 mass shooting that took place at Fort Hood, near Killeen, Texas. Radicalized muslim Nidal Hasan, a U.S. Army major and psychiatrist, fatally shot 13 people and injured more than 30 others.
- The Islamic extremist Esteban Santiago, a US born Iraq war veteran who gunned down 5 people in Fort Lauderdale on January 6, 2017 in the name of ISIS.
- 14 shot dead at a Christmas party in San Bernardino, CA by Muslim co-worker, Chicago born Syed Farook and his wife, a Pakistani immigrant Tashfeen Malik
- June 12, 2016, Orlando FL, Omar Mateen, a muslim born American, son of Afghanistan refugees, killed 49 and wounded 53 others at a gay nightclub
- Muslim Chechan refugees Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev detonate two bombs at the 2013 Boston Marathon killing 4 and injuring 263
- A detailed list of others (LINK)
They couldn't help themselves. Journalists are now falling over themselves pointing to how they 'damn well' covered the attacks..all 78 of them. Like Bugs Bunny who walks away while Elmer Fudd dances to a song he hadn't planned on hearing, Donald Trump is grinning and chomping on a carrot as he let's the clueless media make his point for him.
That Wascally wabbit!
Ken Pittman is a talk show host on 1420 WBSM New Bedford. He can be heard Saturdays from 9am-Noon. The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author.