May’s Mercury Retrograde Will Be ‘Miserable’ According to Local Psychic
I began a new decade of my life on Monday, May 9. Turning 30 is a little weird, but I’m actually really looking forward to everything this next chapter has in store for me. The very first obstacle I have to overcome is a Mercury Retrograde that just happens to be during eclipse season. Seeing as how this comes at a milestone in my own life, I wanted to make sure that I was as prepared as possible so I don’t start this season off on the wrong foot.
Stephanie Burke is a local Psychic Medium and Reiki Master Teacher. According to her, not only did Mercury Retrograde begin on Tuesday, May 10, but this weekend will also see a total lunar eclipse on Sunday, May 15. We will be able to see it from the SouthCoast as long as the clouds stay away. However, our track record with viewing celestial events like this has not been great as of late.
“We’re dealing with a lot of changes in the sky all at one time,” Burke said. “People have been super irritable, terrible at driving, and electronics have been breaking left and right. Feelings of being overwhelmed, anxious, stressed, frustrated and overall emotional are totally normal right now.”
According to Burke, each Mercury Retrograde in 2022 takes place in two different signs. This particular one will take place in Gemini and Taurus. Mercury starts in Gemini on Tuesday, May 10, and lasts in that sign through Saturday, May 21.
“This window of time will be the easier half of this retrograde,” Burke said. “However, don’t be fooled by this because once it enters into Taurus on Sunday, May 22, you’ll feel a shift of different energy. Expect the unexpected. Motivation may be lacking during the second half of this retrograde.”
Because Mercury is the planet of communication, you can bet that this retrograde will lead to some miscommunication, misunderstandings, and general issues when it comes to how we interact with others.
“This particular retrograde is miserable and there’s just no easy way to put it,” Burke said. “But you can still use it to your advantage. Be mindful of your tone, and really listen well to what others have to say to you during this time. Miscommunication is one of the biggest issues that Mercury Retrograde brings.”
Here are a few tips to make it to Saturday, June 4, in one piece:
- Speak slower, think about your words before you say them and listen well.
- Have open conversations if you misunderstand something.
- Don’t be quick to jump into an argument.
- Take time for self-care, whatever that means for you.
- Get yourself outside if possible and watch a sunset.
- Meet up or connect with old friends that you miss because life has been busy.
- Take time to finish that book or TV show you’ve been watching.
- Go for a walk and enjoy nature.
- Try something new.
- Anything to do with relaxation is a good idea to avoid burnout.
- Slowing down and clearing out your space both physically and mentally is a great way to spend this time. For example, clean out closets, garages, etc.
- Finish up old projects or things that you have lingering that you can cross off your list.
- Whatever you do, don’t pick up the phone when your ex calls.