Farmers’ Almanac Releases Dates for 2021 Mercury Retrogrades
I was that girl who yelled “Jumanji” at midnight on New Year’s Eve. 2020 was filled with chaos and I just really want 2021 to be amazing. I believe it will be, but not before jumping through a few hoops first. To start, there’s this whole pandemic thing. Next, there’s Mercury Retrograde. The Farmers’ Almanac just released the dates for this year’s Mercury Retrograde events and the first one will be from Saturday, January 30 to Friday, February 19.
According to Stephanie Burke, local Psychic Medium and Reiki Master Teacher, “Retrograde means that a planet appears to be moving backward even though it is physically still spinning in the correct direction. When it appears to be spinning backward, that means that whatever the planet in retrograde rules is also going to be backward. Mercury rules transportation and communication. This means all communication will be backward. Any type of electronics you use for communication or transportation can also malfunction."
The second occurrence will be from Saturday, May 29 to Monday, June 21. The final Mercury Retrograde will take place between Monday, September 27, and Sunday, October 17.
Tips for how to get through the Mercury Retrogrades of 2021:
- Plan ahead. If you have something important planned, leave yourself plenty of extra time for overcoming any obstacles that may come your way.
- Be patient. Calmly tell others how you’re feeling without letting anger take over.
- Trust your gut. Don’t get caught up in your insecurities and think the world is plotting against you. It’s not.
- Take a break. If something isn’t working for you, put it down and walk away for a bit. Come back to it and chip away at it little by little.
- Take your time. Remember, we’re meant to slow down during this time so don’t try to rush through everything like usual.
- Take responsibility. Life goes completely whacky and haywire during this time. It’s so easy to blame everything on mercury, but remember that you're responsible for your own energy.
- The effects will last for about a week afterward, so keep that in mind as well.