Martina McBride’s Butternut Ravioli [RECIPE]
Using premade or frozen ravioli makes this dish so quick to put together, which is helpful with a menu this large. I love butternut squash, especially with this simple sauce.
- 2 9-ounce packages of butternut squash ravioli
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 amaretto biscuits, crushed (optional)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the butternut squash ravioli per package directions and drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat, and add the sage. Add the cooked ravioli and a few tablespoons of the reserved cooking water. Toss to coat the ravioli with the creamy sauce.
- Transfer the ravioli and sauce to a platter and garnish with the Parmigiano-Reggiano and amaretto, if desired. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve 2 or 3 ravioli per person, depending on size.
Sanity Saver: I'm a firm believer in embellishing prepared foods or store-bought ingredients to make them special yet really take the pressure off party prep. This pasta is a perfect example.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Many thanks to country superstar Martina McBride for sharing this recipe from her new cookbook, Around the Table!