Martina McBride’s Balsamic-Poppy Seed Dressing [RECIPE]
The Balsamic-Poppy Seed Dressing has a pleasant tanginess that is a nice change of pace from the usual super sweet poppy seed dressings, plus it balances the sweetness of the dried cherries and pears. I dress the salad very lightly and offer more of the dressing for guests to add at the table if they wish.
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the poppy seeds, sugar, balsamic vinegar, onion, garlic, mustard powder, salt, and pepper in a food processor, pulsing 3 times. With the food processor running, gradually add the olive oil through the feed tube, blending until incorporated.
- Pour the dressing into a screw-top jar and store in the refrigerator. When ready to use, shake to recombine.
Yield: 1 cup
Many thanks to country superstar Martina McBride for sharing this recipe from her new cookbook, Around the Table!