Local Hot Jobs
If any of these local hot jobs should interest you, contact the Career Center of Greater New Bedford, 118 Acushnet Ave. 508 - 990 - 4000
1. Janitorial Worker #6530573 - Some prior experience in industrial janitorial maintenance and warehousing services desired. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis. Prior work history of reliability and attention to detail preferred. Ability to be trained in forklift operation.
2. Concrete Form Workers #6155934 - Experienced Concrete form workers needed, Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in advanced form or rapid form work. Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation. Applicant must be fluent in English.
3. Senior Clerk #6530461 - The Town of Acushnet Conservation Dept is looking for a part time Senior Clerk. This is a Union Position at 19 hours per week with a starting pay of $17.93 per hour. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Experience in Conservation helpful. Microsoft Office & Excel applications preferred. Resumes and letters of interest should be submitted by November 23, 2015 at Noon to Town Administrator, Alan G. Coutinho, 122 Main Street, Acushnet, MA 02743. The Town of Acushnet is an AA/EO Employer.
4. Security Guards #6530271 - Perform security patrols of designated areas. Part time position could lead to full time opportunity. Various shifts and hours. Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards. Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities. Candidates must have a license and own personal vehicle. Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including criminal background investigation. Hours vary from 20-35 per week.
5. Customer Service Representative #6536540 - Local car rental facility who works directly with insurance company is looking for an exceptional Customer Service Representative. Hours vary but MUST work 8 hours on Mondays & Fridays. You must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid drivers license along with a great driving record. This is a professional atmosphere as you will be dealing with insurance companies and car rental customers. Business attire is mandatory. Email resume to Sharon A. Martin, Business Services Representative at .
6. Optical Office Assistant/Receptionist #6546182 - As the first person that our patients greet when entering the office, you must have a professional appearance and top notch communication skills. You are the person responsible for making a positive first impression on our patients, so you must have a positive attitude, be enthusiastic, compassionate, energetic, and be able to handle differing patient situations while maintaining a smile. We are a small office, so you must be able to handle multiple tasks in a high paced environment. Computer skills are a must for this position. Prior optical/medical office experience is a plus. We are willing to train the right candidate. To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to our office via facsimile at 508-295-2774 or via email at.
UPCOMING RECRUITMENTS AT THE GREATER NEW BEDFORD CAREER CENTER, 618 ACUSHNET AVE, NEW BEDFORD
· Tuesday, December 1st – Spherion Staffing 11:00am to 1:00pm & Eliot Community Human Services 11:00am to 1:00pm
· Wednesday, December 2nd – Fellowship Health Care 10:00am to 12:30pm