Six Firefighters Sent To Hospital During Hazmat Incident
A state D-E-P Hazardous Materials crew responded to 184 County Street in New Bedford Monday morning after two firefighters became overcome by fumes in the building.
Fire Chief Michael Gomes says firefighters responded to the scene just before 10am, and two men entered the building to investigate...
The two men were immediately brought to St. Lukes Hospital for treatment.
Later, four other firefighters were brought to the hospital as a precaution. The decaying pesticides were found on the second floor and in the basement.
Just before noon Monday, the material was placed in a plastic bag by hazmat personnel, and taken away for disposal.