Obama Backed This Libyan Mess with Biden’s Counsel [OPINION
Jeepers, Creepy Uncle Joe, take the #Metoo card and quit now.
Most people will be less likely to forget your slow fade to the rear of the stage over the space invading, hair sniffing observations, if you gracefully exit now. But...
If you have the Pink Hat Brigade flanking your left side and Republicans like President Trump pointing to Libya and the growing bloodbath there, you, sir, will have this tied around your neck for your legacy whilst the pink ladies lecture you on the touchy chauvinist thingy.
Yes, it was the Barack Obama administration that intervened with military data, arms and even force in Libya, but you were the foreign policy security blanket that made people feel much more comfortable handing him the keys to the kingdom.
I'm just not sure what gave people the impression that this was a strength. Biden never got it right
- In 1991, Biden voted against the United Nations-supported successful action in Operation Desert Storm, which was to drive the Iraqi invaders out of Kuwait after Saddam's brutal display of atrocities on Kuwaitis.
- Scott Ritter was the controversial weapons inspector known for stating with confidence that there were no WMD programs active in Iraq. Here is what he said about Joe Biden: "Sen. Joe Biden is running a sham hearing. It is clear that Biden and most of the Congressional leadership have pre-ordained a conclusion that seeks to remove Saddam Hussein from power regardless of the facts, and are using these hearings to provide political cover for a massive military attack on Iraq."
- He voted for the 2003 Iraq invasion by George W. Bush.
- In 2006, he insisted that Iraqis would never unite behind a central Iraqi government and instead wanted to design three separate states in what is still today Iraq.
- After the ill-advised American troop pullout in Iraq and shortly before ISIS began their reign of terror there, according to Politico, Biden said he thought "America wins" and that Americans would see it as a success and get credit in the region. “I think Americans will recognize that there aren’t body counts ... that they got 95,000 people home. That will be noticeable that they’re home," Biden said.
- He advised President Obama to not attack the Bin Laden compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
- This one is hilarious. Speaking at a high school ceremony in Virginia, Biden called the Arab Spring a “democratic movement;” meanwhile, just a few hours later, the Egyptian high court nullified the Islamist majority parliament and the Egyptian military seized control of the government.
- Biden on the 2012 Obama-backed overthrow in Libya: "NATO got it right. Gaddafi was a brutal dictator who had to go." October 21, 2011, at a Plymouth, New Hampshire Town Hall forum
- The New York Times quoted Foreign Policy writer Thomas Ricks. “When was the last time Biden was right about anything?”
Like I said, Joe, take the #meToo train back to Delaware. I know you originally came from Scranton, Pennsylvania and come to think of it, Michael Scott would have made a lot of those same calls, had he been in the Senate.
Ken Pittman is the host of The Ken Pittman Show on 1420 WBSM New Bedford. He can be heard Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon. Contact him at ken.pittman@