A fast moving fire caused significant damage to a two story building at 27 Dunbar Street early Saturday.

District Chief James Clark tells WBSM News, firefighters were called to the South End location just after 12:30 and spotted flames coming from a second floor window. "it was a situation where we got a couple of attack lines in there, real aggressively, and were able to knock down the fire and prevent it from any further damage into the attic."  Clark says fire crews spent more than three hours at the scene.

Two firefighters suffered minor injuries. The District Chief says four occupants in the second floor were evacuated and needed assistance from the American Red Cross. The first floor residents were on vacation and not at home.

Clark says the fire was caused by food cooking on an unattended stove on the second floor.  He estimated damage at around $45,000.