A List of SouthCoast Creameries Opening in March 2021
I know we only just celebrated Valentine's Day this weekend, but I'm already looking forward to warmer weather. Winter is technically over on Saturday, March 20 as that is the calendar's first day of spring. However, here on the SouthCoast, we basically consider the opening day of our favorite local ice cream parlors as a sure sign that spring has officially arrived. *Cue happiness*
See when your favorite shop is opening for the 2021 season, weather permitting:
1. Tom and Jimmy's; Taunton and Bridgewater: Tentatively Friday, February 26. Possibly delayed to Friday, March 5 due to weather
2. Dairy Maid; New Bedford: Friday, March 12
3. Sugar Plum Sweets; New Bedford: Saturday, March 13
4. Capt. Bonney's Creamery; Rochester: Thursday, March 25
5. Country Whip; Acushnet: Thursday, March 25
6. Sundaes; Seekonk: Tentative mid-March
7. Purple Cow; Seekonk: Tentative sometime in March
If you know of another creamery on the SouthCoast that is opening in March, please let us know. We will add them to our list as soon as possible. Most other creameries in this area won't open until May/Memorial Day weekend. Stay tuned for those updates.
*Bonus: Perry’s Last Stand in Wareham will open tentatively sometime in April.
A reminder that Acushnet Creamery and Kool Kone are open year-round. The Ice Cream Barn in Swansea now offers curbside pickup on weekends this winter.