Basement Fire At Single Family Dartmouth Home
A Wednesday afternoon basement fire in Dartmouth has left a single family home inhabitable, but nobody was injured.
The family that resides at 971 Allen St. discovered smoke coming from their basement when they returned home and called the Dartmouth Fire Department just before 12:00 PM.
District 3 Chief Richard Aaruda was first on the scene and says the cause of the fire could be electrical.
According to eyewitnesses, Chief Aaruda says there was electrical pooping sounds coming from the basement as well as the utility pole outside the house.
Eversource was on the scene disabling power to the house and will be conducting an investigation into the fire.
The Dartmouth Fire Department is also conducting an investigation into the blaze.
The home suffered excessive smoke damage and the residents will be staying with family.