Acushnet River Herring Festival 2018
Looking for something fun to do with the family on a Saturday afternoon?
"Enjoy food, festivities, and outdoor fun during the third annual Acushnet River Herring Festival on Saturday, May 19 at the Acushnet Sawmill. This family-friendly festival will celebrate the ongoing restoration of the Acushnet River during the annual river herring migration. The festival is free and open to all, and will feature music, live animal demonstrations, fishing and canoeing, guided walks, and kids’ activities.
After the Herring Festival, all are welcome to stay for the Buzzards Bay Coalition's 30th Annual Meeting to hear about the Coalition’s accomplishments to protect clean water in 2017 and meet other supporters as well as Coalition board and staff.
Schedule of Activities:
- 11am-12pm: Restoration tour of The Sawmill
- 11am-1pm: Fishing demo/tent — Bret Bokelkamp of Trout Unlimited
- 11am-3pm: Canoeing
- 11am-3:45pm: Kids’ tent (touch tank, arts and crafts)
- 12-1pm: Birds of Prey — Tom Ricardi
- 1-2pm: Vinny the Bubble Guy
- 2-3pm: Mammal Show — The Creature Teachers
- 3-3:45pm: Toe Jam Puppet Band
- 4-6pm: 30th Annual Meeting"
For more information, click HERE.