Marine’s Family Requests Only Family And Friends Attend Funeral
The family of fallen Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew Rodriquez is requesting that only family members and close friends attend his funeral Monday at the First Congregational Church in Fairhaven.
In a statement released Saturday, the family said the support and love for Matthew has been amazing, but because of the size of the church, they are limiting seating to immediate friends and family. The family suggested others who want to pay their respects could line the procession route, from Center Street to Tripp St., then Washington St. to Route Six.
The family is also suggesting that those who wish to honor Matthew’s memory should:
1) Send a letter or care package to the 1st Combat Engineer Batallion.
2) Visit a vet and offer him your thanks.
3) Go to the VFW and offer a toast to Matthew.
4) Make a donation to the Wounded Warrior Project.
5) Bring a child to the new playground at the New Bedford Regional Airport and watch him or her laugh and play. (The playground is being dedicated in memory of Matthew Rodriquez).