Fairhaven Firefighters Quickly Douse Porch Fire
Fairhaven firefighters quickly doused a porch fire Wednesday afternoon.
Crews were called to 31 Hitch Street just before 3pm, after smoke and fire was noticed coming from an enclosed porch. Neighbors were attempting to douse the fire with a garden hose when firefighters arrived.
Fire Dept. Spokesman Wayne Oliveira says it took firefighters about ten minutes to put out the fire. He estimated damage at $3,000-to-5,000.
No one was hurt. Offiicials blamed the fire on a faulty electrical socket. The house is owned by Christian and Shaun Wynn.