Wayne Oliveira

Fire Safety Tips for Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is the leading day for home cooking fires, and the National Fire Protection Association says nearly four times as many home cooking fires happen on Thanksgiving than on the average day.
Townsquare Sunday: Safe Summer
Summertime means lots of fun outdoors. WBSM's Jim Phillips spoke with Fairhaven Firefighter Wayne Oliveira about staying safe during the summer.
Townsquare Sunday with Jim Phillips can be heard each Sunday at 6am on WBSM 1420 and WBSM.com...
Resident and Firefighter Hospitalized in Fairhaven House Fire
A Fairhaven home is damaged by fire.
Firefighter Wayne Oliveira says the fire was reported just after 10pm Wednesday night at 44 Bridge Street. Two engines and a ladder truck were dispatched to the home, with firefighters finding smoke and flames coming from the second floor of the two-family home...
Fairhaven Firefighters Put Down Adams Street Fire
A fire late Friday at 152 Adams Street in Fairhaven kept firefighters busy for more than an hour.
Public Information Officer Wayne Oliveira says an alert neighbor spotted flames coming from the rear of the home and called 9-1-1.  The homeowner has left for work and no one was at thome...
Fairhaven Investigates Oil Spill
Fairhaven firefighters responded to an oil spill early Sunday in the New Bedford-Fairhaven Harbor, near the Coast Guard Auxillary Marina.
Public Information Officer Wayne Oliveira tells WBSM News when firefighters arrived on scene they found a large amount of oil in the water, and that the spill…
Fairhaven Firefighters Quickly Douse Porch Fire
Fairhaven firefighters quickly doused a porch fire Wednesday afternoon.
Crews were called to 31 Hitch Street just before 3pm, after smoke and fire was noticed coming from an enclosed porch. Neighbors were attempting to douse the fire with a garden hose when firefighters arrived...
Fire Destroys Fairhaven Home
A unoccupied home on 36 Nelson Ave on Wilbur's Point in Fairhaven was totally destroyed by a fire early Monday.
The single family home was being renovated and the occupants, Thomas and Mary Lou Rossi were away.
The fire was called in shortly after 4:30am, and Public Information Officer firefighter Wa…