YMCA SouthCoast Launches ‘The Full Plate Project’
According to an announcement made by YMCA SouthCoast on Tuesday, November 3, the Y is teaming up with the Greater Boston Food Bank to assist residents in the Greater New Bedford area.
“Rising to meet the needs of our community for over 160 years, YMCA SOUTHCOAST’s work in Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility strives to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to thrive. Building on our existing programs, the Y will be providing food distribution services and nutrition education to address the root causes of food insecurity in our region. Our aim is to eliminate disparities by providing access for nutritious food to achieve a healthy lifestyle.”
Mobile markets will now be offered through the “Full Plate Project” at five local branches each month.
Here is the schedule for November:
- Thursday, November 12 - Wareham from 11 am to 1 pm
- Thursday, November 12 - Swansea from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Thursday, November 19 - Fall River from 9:30 am to 11:30 am
- Saturday, November 21 - New Bedford from 9 am to 11 am
- Dartmouth YMCA’s date is yet to be announced, but it will take place from 10 am to 2 pm. Please check the Facebook page for details.
The mobile market days and times vary. Markets are subject to closing early should supplies run out. This is a first-come, first-served program. Please be prepared to give the number of adults and children in your household along with your zip code.
If you have any questions, want to volunteer, or donate to the project, please reach out to Robyn Branco, Director of Mission Advancement. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.