United Way of Greater Fall River Hosts Week of Action Event
United Way of Greater Fall River will be hosting Week of Action from Monday, June 22 through Friday, June 26 to encourage volunteering and social engagement in Greater Fall River, while maintaining social distancing due to COVID-19.
Volunteers are encouraged to complete projects that relate to the United Way pillars of Health, Education, Financial Stability, and Basic Needs. Potential volunteers might consider the following opportunities to give back to the community:
- Cleanup projects on your block or nearby park to prepare for Lunch in the Park programs
- Help friends and relatives complete their Census or register to vote
- Record yourself reading children’s books and sharing on social media
- Assisting a neighbor with their gardening or groceries
- Taking a walk and picking up trash
- Calling or writing a congressperson about an important issue
- Paint positivity rocks and leave them for others to find
- Using your talents to help someone else
- Donating to a charity of your choice
- Anything you can think of to leave our little corner of the world a little better than you found it.
You can do all of this and more while practicing social distancing and being safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Meg Rogers is the Communications Coordinator at United Way of Greater Fall River and she encourages everyone in the area to participate in this initiative. “Since we can’t host a specific event in order to stay safe during COVID-19, we’re encouraging everyone to get out and safely complete small, local, and personal acts of service. We’re encouraging people to submit a photo of their Week of Action and we’ll share these pics on social media and also enter the volunteers into a Week of Action prize raffle.”
UWGFR will be sharing ideas for service throughout next week on the Week of Action Facebook Event. Week of Action Volunteers may submit their pictures of volunteer work to LiveUnited@uwgfr.org. For more information or questions, please email: LiveUnited@uwgfr.org or see the Facebook event page.