This Fall River Dog Needs a Loving Home to Spend His Final Days
Forever Paws Animal Shelter in Fall River is currently caring for a dog whose story might bring a tear to your eye.
The staff believes that this three-year-old Italian mastiff was dumped at Dave's Beach in Fall River almost two weeks ago. The owners most likely could not care for the dog due to his medical needs. Forever Paws affectionately calls him “Pacha,” and explained his situation in a Facebook post on Thursday, September 3. "He is anemic. He was probably caged in a small space due to lack of mobility and his inability to walk properly, as well as the rough patches of skin. He was kept in filth, causing the awful irritation on his ears and paws. He has a distended stomach (it is not bloat or parasites). He has a heart arrhythmia. He is kind. He is sweet. He is starting to know what being pet feels like. He loves laying on his big soft bed. He deserves a chance."
Unfortunately, he has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure since his arrival and it cannot be cured. “We can, however, make sure that whatever time he has left is spent in a loving home environment. We are now accepting permanent foster home applications for him.”
Although Forever Paws will be covering all medical costs for him thanks to the donations of generous givers, the staff wants potential foster parents to understand that certain restrictions apply to Pacha before they consider applying. “Please understand, these restrictions are in place to ensure the best possible care for Pacha, not to be difficult.”
- Please understand, with this condition there is a possibility that he could pass suddenly.
- He will need to be in a home as the only dog.
- He will need to be in a quiet home where he is not left alone for long periods of time.
- He needs to go to an experienced dog home and one where they can administer medications at specific time frames.
- Because we have no history on him and with his condition, no children, please.
- Foster must own their home.
- Must be willing to bring Pacha to follow-up appointments and have the ability to transport Pacha to an emergency hospital if needed.
If you are interested in being his forever foster, please fill out an adoption application and send it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.