Swansea Man Agrees to Admit Child Pornography Offense
SWANSEA — A Swansea man with a prior child pornography conviction has agreed to plead guilty to federal child porn possession charges after child sexual abuse material was found on his phone and laptop.
The U.S. Attorney's Office said 52-year-old Todd Miozza admitted in federal court on Tuesday to one count of possessing child pornography, after he was arrested and charged in late June.
Acceptance of Miozza's plea agreement has been deferred until his sentencing, which is scheduled for Jan. 19, 2023, according to the office.
Miozza admitted in Tuesday's hearing to obtaining child pornography over the internet through a social media platform, the U.S. Attorney's Office stated.
The charges came after authorities searched his Swansea home in June and seized his iPhone and laptop.
Investigators found the devices contained child sexual abuse material, including videos depicting infants, according to the office.
Miozza has previously been convicted in federal court in Massachusetts in 2002 for possessing child pornography.
Due to his prior conviction on child porn charges, Miozza faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years and up to 20 years in prison.
His prison term will be followed by a mandatory minimum of five years and up to a lifetime of supervised release.
Miozza also faces a maximum $250,000 fine.
The U.S. Attorney's Office said valuable assistance in the investigation was provided by Swansea police.
Miozza's case was brought as part of Project Safe Childhood, the office noted.