Shop Small: 2018 Lemonade Day Southcoast Buyer’s Guide
Thinking about supporting your local entrepreneur on Lemonade Day May 5? Don't overthink it, here's the easiest way to show your support!
1. There are stands all over the Southcoast; about 70, in fact! Find your town on our map and look for a stand close to your neighborhood or near your favorite business.
2. Kids have worked out their own, custom menus for their stands. Ask them about it. Are they using fresh fruit? Are they serving multiple flavors? Did they come up with their own product names? We've learned after 3 years that these kids are very good at keeping themes!
3. Kids have followed the Food Safety Guidelines. They are using gloves, bagged ice and serving their lemonade from a container with a lid and a spout. The Board of Health has not inspected these stands.
4. Most kids have cups of lemonade for under $1.75. Some stands will have other items as well, but your patronage is important whether you buy one cup or six cups. If their customer service was great, leave them a tip!
5. Most stands will have signs displayed of where they are donating a portion of their proceeds. Some kids choose to donate 30% and others donate 100%. Ask the kids why they chose to donate to that particular cause; we're sure you'll be amazed!
6. Kids are also earning money for personal spending/saving. Ask your local entrepreneur what they plan on spending their money on. It could be a new American Girl Doll, it could be a vacation for their family- again, you will be amazed at what these kids are planning.
7. Did you like their overall marketing strategy? Let them know! Each stand's decorations, colors, and signage choices were all carefully picked out. If you like someone's glittery tip jar or jingle (yes, some kids have jingles) there's no harm in telling them!
8. Lastly, tell your friends. If there is a stand nearby and you had a great time supporting it, tell your neighbors to swing by, too. Word of Mouth is just as important to kids' lemonade stand business as it is for any big business. Take it one step further and take a photo with them (if its okay with them/their parents) or Facebook live from their stand.
Lemonade Day 2018 is possible, thanks to our Main Squeeze Baycoast Bank, ProGroup Contracting, Frugal Franks, Sonic of Somerset, Andrew's Fruit & Produce, Auclair's Market, Top Shelf Bar & Grill and Cape Air.