Lemonade Day Returns to the SouthCoast on June 24th for Its 8th Year
As we welcome the longer days and warmer weather to the SouthCoast, we also welcome the return of a beloved tradition that helps today’s youth become future business leaders and forward-thinkers.
With the help of BayCoast Bank, Lemonade Day returns to the SouthCoast on Saturday, June 24th.
What Is Lemonade Day?
Lemonade Day is a free, fun, and experiential learning program that teaches kids how to start, own, and operate their own businesses.
What better way than to utilize a lemonade stand, a first business experience for so many of us?
The goal is to empower our children to take ownership of their lives and become productive members of society.
How to Get Involved with Lemonade Day
With the help of their parents, kids can register online for Lemonade Day, where they will gain access to the Lemonade Day SouthCoast app. It is a kid-friendly app that will guide kids on how to create a budget, set profit-making goals, serve customers, repay investors, and give back to the community.
The kids keep all the money they make and are encouraged to spend some, save some, and share some.
Lemonade Day SouthCoast has seen nearly 400 kids participate across 122 stands, earning anywhere from $200 to $1,600 per stand in one single weekend. It’s incredible to see these young entrepreneurs learn the value of a business and get excited about earning their first dollar.
It’s that spark that could ignite a future CEO in the making.
Important Information for Lemonade Day, 2023
- Takes place Saturday, June 24th for all SouthCoast areas
- Free for kids of all ages
- Lemonade stands can be set up on private property with permission from the homeowner or the business owner
- Kids are encouraged, as always, to donate a portion of their profit to a charity that is important to them. Giving back is what it’s all about!
- Kids should register for the program and then list their stand location. Stands listed on our map by Monday, June 12th have a chance to be part of our radio commercials the following week
- Stands registered to the map by Thursday, June 22nd will be added to our master Lemonade Day flyer sent out on Friday, June 23rd.
Get those lemonade stands ready! We hope to see you on Saturday, June 24th for the 8th annual Lemonade Day SouthCoast.