OPINION | Barry Richard: Come On, Admit It, Trump’s Doing Good
It took a lot of foresight, confidence, and guts to publically support the candidate and now President Donald Trump.Those of us who have been riding the "Trump train" for a while know it hasn't always been easy to get the word out above the roar of the snowflakes and the Trump detractors in the media, many of whom look like total fools as year one of the administration draws to a close.
Political and philosophical disagreements are a part of the American way and are healthy. The near-anarchy that has ensued however since Trump announced his candidacy is nothing less than bizarre.
Even Trump's most ardent critics have to agree that given the opposition he's faced from his political opponents and the media he has been able to accomplish much more he even expected. And, he's kept his promises too.
For those who may still be doubters, here are some of the highlights of year one:
1. Cut corporate and individual taxes
2. Repealed the Obamacare individual mandate
3. Appointed a conservative to the Supreme Court
4. Appointed a record number of judges to the circuit courts
5. Reduced regulations that were strangling businesses
6. Routed ISIS
7. Approved pipeline projects and ANWAR
8. Rolled back Obama's federal land grab
9. Booming stock market
10. Real economic growth (highest GDP in a decade or more)
11. Lowest Black unemployment rate in 17 years
12. Lowest Latino unemployment rate EVER!
13. Overall unemployment at 17 year low
14. New home sales at a 10 year high
And that's just some of the stuff we've accomplished in year one. Can't wait to see what is in store for 2018!
Editor's Note: Barry Richard is the afternoon host on 1420 WBSM New Bedford. He can be heard weekdays from Noon-3pm. The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author.