Local Hot Jobs
Local Hot Jobs available right now. Contact the Greater New Bedford Career Center at 618 Acushnet Ave. 508-990-4000
1. Electrician #6853488 - Summary/Objective The Electrician/ maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. Have 3-5 years electrical maintenance experience and or vocational education/military experience
2. Wastewater Pretreatment Plant Supervisor #6853491 - Wastewater Pretreatment Plant Supervisor Newly Renovated Industrial Grade 4 facility is looking for a Full-time Supervisor. Applicant must be a high school graduate with a Massachusetts Grade 4 Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plant license required (or must obtain license upon hire). Supervisory and Mechanical skills are a plus. Competitive compensation & benefits package: health, dental, vision, & 401K.
3. Delivery Drivers/General Factory Laborer #6839786 - The Delivery Drivers Helper is responsible for assisting the driver with navigation, moving products and completing deliveries. This is a part time. Must be hard working & dedicated. This is a dual role position and will also include some light manufacturing/assembly of Bedding Components and upholstering. Training will be provided.
any high school or equivalent. *Must be able to solely and safely lift/move materials up to 110 lbs.
4. Family & Community Engagement Coordinator #6853503 -Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Human Services or related field preferred. Minimum of an Associates degree required. Prior involvement with MA Department of EEC desired. Grant writing experience a plus. Requires high flexibility with schedule to include evenings and weekends.
Mature candidate will have strong writing skills and working knowledge of MS Office applications. Duties include organizing and facilitating meetings with community partners within Southeastern MA. Develop and maintain resources for families, provide appropriate programming and services to families with children, birth through age 8. Must have current drivers license and own transportation.
5. Administrative #6839752 - This position is a 10 to 12 week assignment plus 2 weeks of initial training that could start in mid-March to May or possibly longer.
The job requires someone that can do what we call screen orders basically see what the order is asking us to do and ensure all components are available to be worked on
The job also requires someone that will do what we call breakdowns which means that person will see what type of work is required, production art, digitizing or color picking or a combination of and breakdown the orders so they can be move to the correct area. Must have excellent computer skills and able to open up software.
6. Accounts Receivable Account #6839739 -Education and/or Experience: Associates degree plus two years related experience or three or more years experience in a related field.
7. Residential Program Staff #6839782 - Oversee the day-to-day operations of YWCA residential programs includes nights and weekends Associates Degree preferred in Health/Human Services or related studies Minimum two years experience working in a residential program or related field
Knowledge of substance abuse treatment and education Commitment to team approach
Satisfactory response to a CORI
8. Administrative Assistant #6835527 - Employer needs to fill position ASAP. Answering phonemes, filing, copying, Microsoft Word knowledge, ordering office supplies, greeting clients, maintaining the calendar. One to Two years of office experience. Spanish speaking a plus but not necessary.
9. Office/Accounting Clerk #6835494 - Excel Recycling is looking for an experienced General Office/Accounting Clerk to help assist with a variety of duties at a scrap metal recycling company. The Office/Accounting Clerk would be responsible for greeting customers, answering phones, assisting the scale office, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing office supplies, and any other requests as necessary. The Office/Accounting Clerk must be detail oriented, have excellent customer service skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office, and a minimum of two years experience.
Eliot Community Human Services will be recruiting at the Greater New Bedford Career Center on Friday, February 19th from 10:00am to 12:00pm. 10:00am to 10:30am is Veterans Priority
Eliot's 24 hour residential program serving youth ages up to 12 years old, is seeking dedicated workers. Candidates should be motivated, enthusiastic and experienced working with this age group. They are recruiting for the following positions: RN – LPN - Youth Care Workers - Positions are full and part time.