Ice Bumper Cars Have Returned to Providence and It’s Pure Wintertime Fun
The popular Ice Bumper Cars are back at the BankNewport City Center ice rink in Providence, and it’s one of those wintertime activities that has to be on your to-do list.
The Providence Rink in downtown Providence is the only outdoor ice rink in the area where you can experience bumper cars on ice. It’s fun for all ages as you glide forwards, backward, and sideways over the ice, bumping friends turned opponents along the way.
What to Expect
Riders are treated to 15 minutes of “bumping” all over the ice. Children as young as three can ride in The Ice Bumper Cars, but you must be at least 6 years old and at least 42" to ride alone. A reservation is required for the bumper cars with various options to ride.
Shared Ice Bumper Cars – 8 Cars Per Session
- Takes place during public skating hours and bumper cars are on a small portion of the ice with the remaining section reserved for skating.
- $12 per ride, per person
- Open Monday through Friday from 4 pm to 8 pm and Saturday and Sunday, 10 am to 12 pm
Public Full Ice Bumper Cars – 10 Cars Per Session
- The entire rink is used for bumper cars. There is limited availability because it is outside the public skating hours.
- $15 per ride, per person
- Open Saturday and Sunday, 9 am to 10 am
Private Full Ice Bumper Cars – 10 Cars Per Session
- The entire rink is used for bumper cars and the length of sessions can be adjusted to accommodate the size of the group.
- $250 per 30-minute session
- Open Friday from 9 am to 10 am and 10 pm to 11 pm
You won’t find this experience anywhere else in the country and we are lucky enough to have it in our backyard. But act fast because reservations fill up quickly.
Visit the Providence Rink website for frequently asked questions and to make a reservation.