ACUSHNET - The making of homemade slime seems to be all the rage among kids today, but officials at Acushnet's Ford Middle School aren't having any of it.

Principal Michelle Silvia sent a notification to parents Wednesday saying that the homemade slime has been brought to school as a toy, and in some cases has been sold to other students.

Principal Silvia says several students were sent home Wednesday after coming into contact with the slime, which is usually made from household chemicals including borax, a cleaning agent that can cause chemical burns.

Principal Silvia says the slime is not to be brought into school to sell or use.

More From WBSM-AM/AM 1420