This Week’s Jobs [Interview]
Here’s a look at job openings around the area from the Greater New Bedford Career Center:
- Housekeeping #4417577 – HS or GED. Housekeeping/Room Attendant needed on Saturdays for resort in Mashpee. $30 per small unit cleaned and $35 per bigger unit cleaned. Potential of earning $120.00 + per day.
- Library Director #4417492 – Under the direction of the Library Board of Trustees and Mayor, responsible for the administration of the Public Library system including planning, organizing and directing all library services and activities. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited school plus eight or more years of directly related experience, at least five of which were in a progressively administrative capacity involving policy, innovative community outreach, staff development and budgetary responsibility; two or more years preferably in an urban library system; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
- Emergency Telecommunications #4417491 – Receive and process calls for assistance from various sources. Dispatch immediately such patrol cars, ambulances, fire apparatus, rescue squads or other personnel and equipment needed to handle all complaints and requests for assistance. Alert personnel responding to hazardous calls with information relating to the nature of the call. High school graduate or equivalent. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly in English with basic verbal and written communications skills. Basic knowledge of the principles involved in the operation of radio telephone, computers and related communication equipment. Ability to accurately pass a standardized typing test, scoring no less than a minimum rate of 30 words per minute. Preference will be given to applicants who have certification on NCC/LEAPS (National Communications Center/Law Enforcement Agencies Processing Systems) computer, Telecommunication certification, CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) and EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatching). Ability to communicate clearly and concisely under emergency conditions orally and in writing. Must pass an in-depth police background check. One to three years’ experience in: general office procedures, dealing with the public, computer knowledge, public safety, beneficial but not necessary. New Bedford has a residency requirement.
- Maintenance Mechanics #4449442 –Looking to fill two positions for second shift, 2:00pm to 10:30pm Monday through Friday. Must have at least 4 years’ experience working on industrial machinery. Pneumatic experience helpful.
- Electrician #4459705 – Growing company looking for a Licensed Electrician. Primary focus will be on lighting upgrades. During probationary period, a skills assessment will be performed to determine proper placement. Positions are located in Fall River, Seekonk & Swansea.
- Wellness Director #4459840 – Excellent opportunity for someone with a vibrant personality and wide Health & Wellness knowledge base to join the staff team of the newest branch of YMCA Southcoast. This 9 year old state of the art branch just completed its latest facility addition which included an outdoor pool w/water features, new adult locker rooms w/steam & sauna and a second group ex studio.
BS degree in Health & Fitness or related field. 3 years minimum of commensurate experience in a management position as well as leading wellness programs. Fitness certifications required
- Auto Mechanic #4466029 – Immediate opening for a used car dealership mechanic. High School/Tech School Diploma or GED; Skilled/Certified in two or more automotive specialties; 2+ years of repair experience; A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record; Must have your own tools
- Construction Laborers #4459873 – Construction laborers needed for 40 hours for a temporary position located in New Bedford. The position is an 8 to 10 week project. Some experience necessary.
Here is the Hot Jobs Report with Sharon Martin.