OPINION | Barry Richard: How About the Truth About Vegas Massacre?
I am not a conspiracy theorist. I do not believe that NASA is hiding from us information about space aliens or photos that prove the Earth is flat. I still believe the World Trade Center was taken down by jetliners commandeered by terrorists, and not George W. Bush.
But I am finding that this whole Las Vegas massacre investigation is getting sketchier by the day.
Investigative reporter Laura Loomer, who specializes in terrorism, is reporting that several members of Congress were briefed by intelligence officials last week about a possible link between ISIS and the October 1 shooting that killed 58 people attending a country music show across the street from the Mandalay Bay Resort.
ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack almost immediately, and just as quickly the FBI rejected that claim as false. The Islamic State has twice more said it was responsible.
Little is known about what really happened at this point. Multiple versions of the truth have been contradicted time and time again, and a lot has yet to be explained.
While the FBI insists that Stephen Paddock acted alone, Loomer suggests evidence contradicts that claim. She says a hotel receipt indicates that several men with possible ties to Mexico may have entered the country through the U.S.-Mexico border and had some role in the attack.
Am I alone in thinking that this entire affair has been swept under the rug, and that there is a lot about this that we don't know? If so, why?
Should Congress not demand the FBI be more forthcoming in its investigation of the attack, and if ISIS is in fact involved, should we not be informed?
Do you believe we will ever get the full story of what happened that night in Vegas?
Barry Richard is the host of The Barry Richard Show on 1420 WBSM New Bedford. He can be heard weekdays from noon to 3 p.m. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @BarryJRichard58. The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author.