Here Are This Week’s Job Openings [INTERVIEW]
WBSM presents The Hot Jobs Report every Wednesday at 8:38 a.m. Sharon Martin from the Greater New Bedford Career Center calls in. Here’s the list for this week:
- Paramedic (Full-Time & Part-Time) #4386633 – Full-Time and Call Positions
RESPONSIBILITIES: Comply with all policies, practices and procedures of the EMS Department and City of New Bedford. Subject to the approval of the EMS Director, administer skilled medical care to individuals in response to call for emergency treatment. Examine, assess and stabilize patients at emergency scene, i.e., hemorrhage control, treatment for shock, immobilization of fractures, bandaging, proper treatment for burns, poisoning or drug overdose, deliver newborns, manage mentally disturbed patients, etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Current certification as an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic by the Mass. DPH, and current certification as a CPR healthcare provider by the American Heart Association (M.G.L., Ch 111C, Section 3 and 6). Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support by AHA.
Knowledge of pharmacology, and drugs used in advanced life support and possible reactions; Federal and State drug laws; pathophysiology; advanced human anatomy and physiology; medical telemetry; Advanced Life Support equipment; MGL, Ch 89, 90, and 111C; Mass. DPH re-certification requirements; regional communication protocols. Knowledge of major transportation routes in the locality, defensive and emergency driving procedures, emergency medical service vehicle limitations, local emergency medical service Point-of-Entry procedures.
One year of Paramedic experience required. The City of New Bedford has a Residency Requirement
- Financial Analyst #4386624 – FUNCTION: Provides a variety of routine and complex bookkeeping and accounting tasks relating to the fiscal administration of the City of New Bedford.
Graduation from a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in public finance, accounting, public administration, business management or a closely related field, and
two years of related experience; or Any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience, with additional work experience accounting for the required education on a year-for-year basis. The City of New Bedford has a Residency Requirement
- Personal Care Attendant (PCA) #4386646 – Part-Time Flexible Hours. Day or evening hours. Seeking reliable, caring person to perform various personal care duties: dressing, grooming, etc. Also will do light housekeeping and cooking. Person must have GED/ HS, Basic Computer skills helpful and have an acceptable CORI. Fluency in English is necessary. Employer will start applicant at less hours to see how they perform and then increase hours. Must have Valid Driver’s License & Vehicle.
- Head Start Custodian #4391103 - Responsible for assisting in the general maintenance and sanitary conditions of the Head Start facility and grounds. A driver’s license is required.
P.A.C.E., Inc. is an AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Deadline to apply: 5:00 p.m., Friday, August 1, 2014
- Head Start Health Manager #4391102 – RN with minimum of one (1) year pediatric experience. Community health experience helpful. Good organizational and communication skills required. Driver’s license required. Occasional travel for meetings and conferences.
Plan and coordinate health services for comprehensive Head Start Program serving children 3 – 5 years old and their families.
- Registered Nurse #4406007 – New adult day health center in North Dartmouth is looking for a Registered Nurse. Requirements: Graduate of an accredited, state licensed School of Nursing, works well with participants in providing nursing care.
- Geriatric Support Coordinator #4405929 – POSITION SUMMARY:
Reporting to the SCO Supervisor, the GSSC is responsible for coordinating support services as part of the Senior Care Options Primary Care Team. The GSSC’s basic function is to assist eligible elderly persons to obtain services which will enhance their quality of life and allow them to live as independently as possible with dignity and respect.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
B.A. from an accredited college or university, preferably in social services or relevant experience and 2 years professional experience with elders over 60 with at least one year in a setting where elders receive health care services (such as a hospital, nursing facility, community health agency or interdisciplinary program with an ASAP).
Fluency in English/ Spanish.
Knowledge and skills to work successfully in an interdisciplinary team.
Desire and commitment to working with elders.
Ability to keep accurate records, document clearly, and to communicate effectively all within a fast paced environment.
General data entry skills.
Use of a car with a current license to drive.
If you’d rather listen, here’s Sharon from this morning.
The Career Center is at 618 Acushnet Avenue in New Bedford. (508)990-4000.