Happy Labor Day Jobs
A good Labor Day is one where you have a decent job with benefits. As a way to celebrate this holiday, look at these opportunities and contact the Greater New Bedford Career Center, 618 Acushnet Ave., New Bedford 508-990-4000
1. Medical Department Collections Representative #6202791 - We are looking telephone reps to call and collect past due medical debt. Customer service is key here, any experience in that field or in call centers is welcome, but we will train interested candidates. First and Second Shifts. Must have HS Diploma/GED.
2. Entry Level Recovery Specialist #6198679 - Recovery Specialist performs various client care activities and related treatment services necessary in caring for client. The Recovery Specialist is responsible for the satisfactory operation of the Unit and client activities under the direction of the Charge Nurse.
3. Transitional House Director #6198525 -VTH is seeking a Director for Network House. Qualified applicants will have 3-5 years experience in: working with homeless/ men, alcohol/SA/MH case management, and government reporting & data collection. A dedication to serving this population. HS diploma, clean driving record, verifiable references, computer literacy and a willingness to work some evenings and weekends are required. BA/BS and knowledge of HMIS data strongly preferred. Salary commensurate with experience, benefits include health, dental and 403(b).
4. Chimney Service Helper #6189437 -Preferred skills: Knowledge of OSHA standards and job site safety. Some experience with masonry repair, construction, or chimney venting is a plus. Job requires the use of staging and ladders.
5. Laborers #6189441 - Laborers needed to provide moving and storage services. Employer is need of IMMEDIATE hires. Needs to fill 5 slots. Temporary positions.
6. Store Clerk #6202819 - Luzo Maxi-Market. Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to: Cashiering, managing inventory, stocking shelves, assisting customers and receiving products. Ideal candidate is friendly, hard working and willing to tackle a wide variety of tasks through out the day. Physical requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Monday - Friday daytime work schedule. Part time position.
7. Truck Driver #6202862 - Responsible for pre and post trip inspections. Minimum of 2 years of driving experience. Preemployment DOT drug testing required. CDL Class A. work hours are; Monday - Friday 7am to 4pm
some overtime some Saturdays if needed
pay based upon experience
holidays and vacation
Qualifications: High School diploma, GED Certification, or experience in a similar role preferred.
3-5 years of driving experience and a valid CDL Class A license required.
Long-haul/over-the-road experience desired, but not required.
8. Data Specialist-Tenant Selection #6198350 -This is a responsible, full-time staff support position in which the incumbent interviews applicants for public and leased housing programs. He/she also performs a variety of routine clerical work involving data entry and maintenance of applicant files. Interacts with applicants, residents, and the general public on a daily basis.
Possession of a high school diploma and training in business English, math, and data entry is required as is prior experience and general knowledge of office practices. Prior experience in communicating effectively with others, especially those having social and economic problems and those facing barriers to self-sufficiency, is required. The person selected for this position shall possess superior oral and written communication skills, the ability to organize and manage time and work effectively, computer literacy, and an ability to work well as a staff member within a team setting. The ability to communicate fluently in Spanish is also highly desirable. Send resume to be received by 4:30 p.m. on September 10, 2015
9. Production Staff #6208227 - Looking for production staff, production technicians and production crew chiefs. Employer will train the right candidate. Must be hard working and dependable. Some prior hands on work experience is a plus as well as tradesman experience.