Electric Ranges Recalled After Plumber’s Death
6,300 electric ranges have been recalled after the death of a man from Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
According to WPRI 12, the 52-year-old plumber died after he was electrocuted from an energized range and a grounded object, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
“The recall covers Blomberg and Summit brand, 24-inch, freestanding glass top electric ranges.”
The recalled products include, Blomberg BERU 24200 SS, Blomberg BERU 24100 SS, and Summit CLRE24.
According to the CPSC, the electric ranges can become energized because a screw was not installed to secure the grounding strap during manufacturing.
“Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled ranges and avoid touching the appliance until the power supply is shut off. To schedule an inspection and repair, call Arçelik at 877-271-1489 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.”