Current Job Openings [INTERVIEW]
Subscribe to WBSM-AM/AM 1420 on
Here’s the list for this week, the “Hot Jobs Report” that we get every week from the Greater New Bedford Career Center.
- Finisher #4586821 – The Finisher is responsible for finishing newly constructed retail display fixtures including prepping fixtures, staining and applying clear finish. This position is responsible for quality craftsmanship and the timely completion of all projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Finish newly constructed retail display furniture.
Prepare fixtures for finish (may require disassembly).
Apply stain and clear coat.
Maintain a professional spray booth.
Additional duties as assigned.
Must have a minimum of 2 years finishing experience. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Finisher Assistant #4586818 – The Finisher Assistant is responsible for helping finish newly constructed retail display fixtures including prepping fixtures, staining and applying clear finish. This position is responsible for quality craftsmanship and the timely completion of all projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Help finish newly constructed retail display furniture.
Help prepare fixtures for finish (may require disassembly).
Help apply stain and clear coat.
Help reassemble fixtures.
Help maintain a professional spray booth.
Additional duties as assigned. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Molding Operators #4582578 – General machine operation in manufacturing environment: including but not limited to compression, injection and transfer molding operations as outlined in control plans. Responsible for reading specifications on work orders. Performs daily duties as requested by shift supervisor/management per ISO9001 standards. General computer skills and proven problem solving skills in manufacturing environment a plus. High School Diploma and basic computer skills required. Experience with ISO9001 and QS9000/TS16949 requirements preferred. Shifts is 11:00pm to 7:00am
- Deputy Inspector of Buildings #4586855 –Performs a variety of routine and complex administrative, supervisory and technical work in administering and enforcing building and related codes. Ensures and enforces that State and City building and zoning codes are being maintained in order to ensure public safety.
Reviews plans and permits, and makes necessary corrections. In the interest of public safety or in case of danger, the Deputy Inspector of Buildings may temporarily cease work, and/or close sidewalks or streets adjacent to said building.
Provides technical building code advice to supervisors; makes presentations to supervisors, boards, commissions, civic groups and the general public. Enforces a variety of codes, including Uniform Building Code, Uniform Mechanical Code, Uniform Housing Code, Uniform Abatement of Dangerous Buildings Code, and local codes such as nuisance, clearing, grading, filling, zoning, etc. Issues correction notices and citations. Explains, interprets and provides guidance regarding all applicable codes to architects, engineers, contractors, developers and other interested parties.
Administers the permitting function through the View Permit Program, including application, fee assessment and collection, permit issuance, inspection and occupancy.
The position requires seven to ten years of construction and supervisory experience, supervision of building construction or design; or a four-year undergraduate degree in a field related to building construction or design; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duties require a thorough knowledge of materials and methods used in building construction and building, electric, gas, plumbing and sanitary codes, zoning by-laws and planning, conservation and historic matters equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
Certification by the MA Board of Building Regulations and Standards in accordance with the provisions of 780 CMR 7. One or more I.C.C. certifications, including, but not limited to, plans examiner, combination inspector, or local building inspector. Possession of a valid Massachusetts driver’s license with good driving record. Subject to CORI (Criminal Offender Record Investigation) background check. The City of New Bedford has a Residency Requirement.
- CNA/Certified Nursing Assistant #4595140 –LifeStream Inc. is seeking CNAs Full time, various shifts available immediately in our New Bedford, Fairhaven, Westport and Rochester Residential Programs. Responsible for providing the individuals we support with personal care, community and leisure activities and activities of daily living in their homes, day program and community. The CNA will encourage and facilitate consumer choice and support those choices in a manner, which will promote and enhance independence and personal growth.
LifeStream, Inc. provides community-based services throughout Southeastern Massachusetts that promote personal dignity, independence, and the removal of barriers through the provision of individualized support and education.
Demonstrated history of quality work performance and team work
High School diploma or GED
One year experience in the field of Human Services preferred
Current Certified Nursing Aide Certificate
- Concrete Forms Worker #4600469 – Looking to hire an individual with basic concrete form skills. Must have knowledge of power tools, measuring skills and cutting skills. This position requires a hard working individual who will be dependable and reliable. Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Painters #4600558 –Employer looking for experienced exterior and interior painters. Must be reliable, dependable and have transportation to work site.
- Sharon Martin joins us every Wednesday at 8:35 a.m. for the “Hot Jobs Report.”