Are You Prepared If Hurricane Sandy Hits The Southcoast?
It’s been called ‘Frankenstorm’, ‘Halloween’icane’, but no matter what you call it, Hurricane Sandy is headed toward the East Coast and you need to be prepared. We are no stranger to hurricanes. Just last summer we had one blow through, and were you prepared? No one knows what exactly is going to happen but here is a list of things to prepare you for an emergency.
- Water at least a 3 day supply for each person in your family including any pets.
- Food, again a 3 day supply of non-perishable food items
- Battery powered radio and extra batteries
- Flashlight also with extra batteries
- A first-aid kit
- Tools to shut off any utility’s
- Hand operated can opener
- Cell phone charger, you can use your car, make sure it is in an open space if you keep the motor running