WAREHAM — Three people are arrested after allegedly stealing televisions from the Wareham Walmart.

On Friday, June 15 at about 10:25 a.m., Wareham Police received a call reporting two males in the parking lot of Aldi’s removing televisions from boxes that had just been stolen from Walmart. Within seconds of the dispatch, Lt. John Gerard arrived and observed the males standing next to a brown Toyota, removing a large television from its box and placing it into the vehicle.

As Lt. Gerard approached the males, they franticly entered the vehicle and attempted to retrieve something under the front seat, prompting Lt. Gerard to draw his firearm, and demanding to see the suspects' hands. The vehicle then sped away with Lt. Gerard in pursuit.

The vehicle proceeded onto Route 195 westbound into Mattapoisett, where it exited at North Street toward Rochester. Detective Dean Decas was also following the vehicle; however, both officers lost sight of it and discontinued the pursuit.

Shortly thereafter, Rochester Police located the vehicle abandoned on Pine Street. A witness advised police that a female and two males fled from the vehicle in different directions. Multiple police agencies were in the area by that time, and a search for the suspects began.

Within 30 minutes, the first suspect, 25-year-old Erikka Williams of East Falmouth,was placed into custody. After about three hours, the two other suspects, 25-year-old Paul G. Leite Jr. of Fall River and 27-year-old Joseph Debenedictis of Dorchester, were located and placed under arrest.

The two televisions stolen had a combined value of over $1,000.

Debenedictis is charged with shoplifting over $250; failure to stop for police; reckless operation of a motor vehicle; passing on the right; and speeding. Both Leite and Williams are charged with shoplifting over $250.

The suspects were transported to Wareham Police Headquarters, where they were processed pending arraignment in Wareham District Court.

--Wareham Police

More From WBSM-AM/AM 1420