Carlos Seafood

Sector IX Shut Down
The federal government says a group of commercial fishing operations dominated by a magnate known as "The Codfather" will be shut down for the rest of the season.
'Codfather' Sentenced
Carlos Rafael was sentenced to 46 months in prison Monday afternoon by U.S. District Court Judge William Young, but no immediate decision was made regarding his groundfishing permits.
Codfather Sentencing Continued
"The Codfather" has a little longer now before he is sentenced.
Carlos Rafael, the fishing magnate who pleaded guilty to a scheme in which he intentionally mislabeled fish in order to avoid federal fishing regulations, was scheduled to be sentenced today in U...
Rafael Indicted
Federal prosecutors have indicted New Bedford fishing magnate Carlos Rafael and a Bristol County Sheriff's Office Deputy.
Rafael was indicted on 27 counts, for charges including conspiracy, false entries, and bulk cash smuggling. Rafael, owner of Carlos Seafood in New Bedford, is accused of submittin…
Carlos Rafael Released
Carlos Rafael, accused of lying to federal officials about how much fish his boats were hauling in, has been released on $1 million secured bond.
A detention hearing was held Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Worcester for Rafael.
Rafael and his wife agreed to place their North Dartmouth home and th…
Mitchell on Carlos Seafood
New Bedford Mayor Jon Mitchell says Carlos Seafood will likely be up and running again within a few days, despite the arrest of Carlos Rafael and his bookkeeper last week.
Mitchell, a former federal prosecutor, says the business will probably re-open after records that were seized during Friday'…
Mayor Reacts to Rafael's Arrest
The arrest of prominent New Bedford fishing boat owner Carlos Rafael should not diminish the Port of New Bedford. That's the feeling of Mayor Jon Mitchell.
"The port is much bigger than Carlos Rafael. Our port has a great reputation in the industry along the East Coast and this is not g…

Load More Articles