Police: New Bedford Man Arrested After Fleeing Drug Stop
NEW BEDFORD — Police in New Bedford have arrested a city man they say fled after they approached him.
Members of the New Bedford Police Department Narcotics Unit were targeting street-level drug sales Thursday evening when they approached Quinton White, 23, of New Bedford, as he was in his car in traffic in the area of Ashley Boulevard and Sawyer Street. Police approached him at approximately 4:09 p.m. on Thursday.
Police say White fled police in his vehicle and led them on a short pursuit before he was located and arrested in the area of 14 Adam Street.
A search of White's person yielded a small amount of suspected cocaine.
White faces the following charges:
- failure to stop for police
- leaving the scene of property damage
- negligent operation of a motor vehicle
- operation of a motor vehicle with a suspended license
- possession of a Class B drug
- possession of a Class B drug, subsequent offense
- conspiracy to violate drug law
- outstanding arrest warrant