New Hampshire Ice Castles 2022: What You Need to Know
Opening of the 2022 Season
The New Hampshire Ice Castles will open to the public for the eighth season in early January of 2022. Depending on the weather, the castles will remain open through late February or early March. Workers will begin growing and harvesting the ice in late November, also weather dependent.
Tickets will go on sale about a week before the opening date. Mother Nature will decide when exactly that will be, so best to keep an eye on the website for more information as it becomes available. Please note that the Ice Castles website mentions that tickets may be available on-site if not sold out ahead of time. On-site prices are also subject to higher rates.
"For guaranteed entry and the lowest price, buy tickets online in advance."
- Ice Castles will be enforcing a six-foot social distancing measure this winter.
- Employees will be masked.
- Guests are required to wear masks in common areas, near other guests, and when interacting with employees.
- Ice Castles may reduce capacity or close some features of the attraction in order to maintain social distancing. "Please be patient and understanding with these necessary operational changes."
- High-touch surfaces will be sanitized frequently.
- There will be a one-way traffic flow for crawl spaces, slot canyons, and tunnels.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be conveniently located in high-traffic areas.
What to Wear
You are not Elsa. The cold will bother you. Dress appropriately for an outdoor winter activity. Bundle up with a hat, scarf, gloves, and snow pants if you have them. Invest in hand warmers. You will regret it otherwise.
Frequently Asked Questions
If we didn't answer your question here, see the Ice Castes FAQs page on the website here.