MATTAPOISETT — Two engines from the Mattapoisett Fire Department were called out to a home on Saturday evening after an air conditioning unit caught fire.

The town's fire department stated in a post on Facebook that fire Engine 1 and Engine 4 responded to a house on Hollywoods Road just after 6 p.m. Saturday.

According to the department, the house was filled with smoke due to a wall-mounted air conditioning unit that was reportedly on fire.

WBSM-AM/AM 1420 logo
Get our free mobile app

Prior to the fire crews' arrival, the homeowners were able to put out the flames using a dry chemical fire extinguisher, the post noted.

Fire crews remained on scene to overhaul and check the area as well as ventilate the home.

Courtesy Mattapoisett Fire Department/Facebook
Courtesy Mattapoisett Fire Department/Facebook

In the post, the department stressed that the homeowners had been alerted to the danger thanks to their working smoke alarms.

No injuries were mentioned by the department.

Wareham's Charming Old Red Farm Inn for Sale

This 1703 farmhouse has been carefully updated and has been used as an inn for many years.

30 SouthCoast Things Every Local Should Do at Least Once

Whether you are new to the area or have been living here your entire life, there are lots of local things that can only be experienced on the SouthCoast – and hopefully you've tried them all at least once.

More From WBSM-AM/AM 1420