Carey Richmond & Viking Insurance’s Tips for Saving Money on Your Insurance
You may have some time on your hands these days and that makes it the perfect time to take a good hard look at your family's insurance policies. Chances are a lot of things have changed since you first got insurance and your current policy may be costing you money.
We're all trying to save money where we can right now, so we turned to the expert advisors at Carey Richmond & Viking Insurance for their tips on making the most of your insurance policies right now.
The truth about insurance is you can switch providers at any time. If you feel like you aren't getting the best service from your current agency, contact Carey Richmond & Viking Insurance. They'll review your current policy and shop around for an apples-to-apples comparison to show you what other carries may be better suited to your needs.
1) Start by reevaluating your homeowner’s insurance:
- Bundle your home with your auto insurance; this can result in significant, immediate savings.
- Adjust your billing plan
- Flood zone residents should consider moving to private offerings for significant savings.
2) Look for ways to shave money off your auto insurance premiums, such as:
- Ask about discounts for next few months due to reduction in driving or ask about changing your vehicle status from commuter use to pleasure use.
- Consider taking the higher deductible plan so your monthly bill is less. if you drive much less, the likelihood of an accident is reduced, and it may be in your best interest to reduce your bill this way.
3) Check to see if your insurance provider is implementing any special practices in light of the coronavirus pandemic. Here are some small changes some of their auto carriers have been making:
- Expanding coverage for personal auto customers temporarily delivering food or medicine and allowing commercial customers additional coverage options for delivery.
- Extending payment leniency, waiving late fees and pausing collections.
- Deferring deductibles to help customers who cannot pay out of pocket to get their car repaired.
Have any questions? Give Carey, Richmond & Viking a call. They'll review minimum coverage limits, flood coverage and other items to make sure you are covered where you need it and not overpaying for what you don't. Don't settle for the cheapest insurance because more often than not, it will cost you more in the long run.
Call 508-998-9500 or visit crvinsurance.com today to get started!