Heat Cable Cause of Fire at Cape Medical Marijuana Facility
STOW — State Fire Marshal Peter J. Ostroskey, Mashpee Fire chief Thomas C. Rullo and Mashpee Police Chief Scott Carline said the cause of the early morning fire at 29 Echo Road in Mashpee is accidental. Property damages are estimated at $25,000.
The fire started in a ceiling void space and caused a small fire in the attic. Heating cables recently installed to prevent water pipes from freezing ignited nearby cellulose insulation.
The building housed a medical marijuana facility that was scheduled to have its final Department of Public Health (DPH) inspection today before opening.
The fire was jointly investigated by the Mashpee Fire and Police Departments and State Police assigned to the Office of the State Fire Marshal.
--State Fire Marshal's Office
The Cape Cod Times recently posted a video giving an inside look at the facility: