Greater New Bedford Food Pantries Currently Open
We know that the coronavirus has left us in uncertain times. Now more than ever, access to food and other basic needs is crucial for families.
We reached out to Victoria Grasela, the Vice President of Marketing and Community Engagement with United Way of Greater New Bedford to find the latest information regarding local pantries. "We're getting a lot of questions about where people can access food right now. Not all pantries are open, so it's about getting the correct information out. Our Hunger Commission is still in operation and working hard to provide our services to those in need."
If you find yourself struggling to feed yourself and your family, here are some places in Greater New Bedford that you can go to.
For families with school-aged children, local public schools have set up Grab & Go meals sites. Click HERE for a full list of locations and all the details surrounding each one.
- Catholic Social Services is located at 238 Bonney Street in New Bedford. It will be open on Wednesday and Thursday from 10 am to 12 pm.
- Damien’s Place is located at 3065 Cranberry Hwy Wareham. It will be open on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 9:30 am to 12 pm.
- PACE Food Pantry is located at 161 William Street in New Bedford. It will be open Monday through Friday from 10 am to 2 pm. Food will be distributed outside the main office. No IDs required, but your name, date of birth, and address are asked. Please call 508-999-9920 for more information.
- Salvation Army New Bedford is located at 619 Purchase Street. It will be open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 2 pm, by appointment only. Please call 508-997-6561.
- Sister Rose Soup Kitchen is located at 75 Division Street in New Bedford. It will be open Monday through Friday from 11 am to 1 pm
M.O. Life and St. Anthony’s are currently closed.