Grab-and-Go Summer Food Program in Fall River
The Lunch in the Park Program will look a little different in Fall River this year.
According to the Greater Fall River Re-Creation, there will be a free meal service for youth ages 18 and under through the "Grab-and-Go Summer Food Program." This will take place from June 29 through August 28. There will be no meal service on Friday, July 3 due to the holiday weekend.
The department will distribute meals on a first-come, first-served basis. These meals will not need to be refrigerated or frozen at home, but will not be eaten on-site.
Meals will be served every day from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm at the following locations:
- Abbott Court – King Phillip and Birch Street
- Griffin Park – Forth Street
- Kennedy Park – Bradford Avenue, near the old pool
- Lafayette Park – Eastern Avenue
- Maplewood Park – Stafford Road
- Pulaski Park – Pulaski Street
- Ruggles Park – Seabury Street
- Henry Lord – Amity Street
- Fonseca School – Ralph Small Way
- Morton Middle – Albert A D’ambrosio Way
- Heritage Heights – Green Street
- Pleasant View – Herman Street
- Sunset Hill – Charles Street
Parents are encouraged to pick up meals without their children present to promote social distancing efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic. Anyone who will be picking up meals will need to keep six feet of distance between all others and wear a mask or face covering. The program will be canceled if it rains.
For more information, please call (508) 679-0922.