City of New Bedford Announces New Parking App Partnership
The City of New Bedford has partnered with Passport, the operating system that provides contactless payment options to cities, for parking payment through its mobile app.
Passport’s digital application launching in the city, Passport Parking, is a cashless alternative to paying at a meter or pay station and will be replacing the City’s former parking app provider, which had ceased providing services due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Passport Parking launched this week, and signage will be installed at high-density parking locations in the city in the coming weeks. In the meantime, motorists can use the Passport Parking app across more than 1,400 on and off-street parking spaces in the city to safely manage and extend sessions remotely without the need to touch parking hardware.
To begin a session, users can follow these simple steps:
– Download the free Passport Parking app from the App Store or Google Play
– Create an account with an email address or phone number
– To enter a zone number, simply enter the number printed on the side of each meter. If the number printed includes an A or B at the end, neglect that in your entry in the app
– You will then be prompted to enter your vehicle's license plate number now rather than a space number.
– Choose the desired amount of time, up to the designated maximum time limits
– Enter payment information and confirm session
New Bedford selected Passport because of its innovative reputation and the app’s ease of use. With this upgrade, residents and visitors can safely and conveniently manage their parking wherever they are in New Bedford.
— City of New Bedford