Fire broke out around 8pm Monday night in a multi-family building at 48 Crapo Street in the South End of New Bedford.

Fire officials reported flames in the walls, but brought the blaze under control within ten minutes after their arrival.

There were no injuries reported.

Two families and eight dogs were displaced. The Red Cross was called in to assist the families.

New Bedford Fire Chief Michael Gomes says the fire appears to have been sparked by a faulty electrical component.

More From WBSM-AM/AM 1420