Small Fire At GNB Voc-Tech
A fire in a carpentry shop at Greater New Bedford Voc-Tech High School kept firefighters busy for a short while Monday afternoon.
The blaze was reported just before 5pm. District Chief Jeff Pothier tells WBSM News, the smoky fire was located in a barrel containing wood chips and some oily rags.
Pothier says the fire was caused by spontaneous combustion that sent smoke through much of the building.
The fire was quickly put out, but it charred the floor underneath the barrel. Damage was estimated at around $500. No injuries were reported.