New Year’s Night Fire Causes $10,000 In Damage
A Fairhaven home suffered damage as a result of a New Year's Night fire.
Firefighter Wayne Oliveira says the fire was reported around 11:47 p.m., and when crews arrived at 510 Sconticut Neck Road, they found smoke coming out of the attic of the one story ranch style home.
Fire Lieutenant Todd Correia tells WBSM News it's believed the fire is believed to have been started in the chimney for a wood stove.
Correia says everyone was able to escape the fire without injury and the family was able to return to the home.