New Hampshire Ice Castles 2023: What You Need to Know
When Do the New Hampshire Ice Castles Open for the 2023 Season?
According to the official Ice Castles Facebook page, the New Hampshire Ice Castles will open to the public for the ninth season in mid-January 2023. Depending on the weather, the castles will remain open through March. Workers will begin growing and harvesting the ice in late November, also weather-dependent.
How to Get Tickets for the New Hampshire Ice Castles
Tickets will go on sale about a week before the opening date. Mother Nature will decide when exactly that will be, so best to keep an eye on the website for more information as it becomes available. Please note that the Ice Castles website mentions that tickets may be available on-site if not sold out ahead of time. On-site prices are also subject to higher rates.
"For guaranteed entry and the lowest price, buy tickets online in advance."
COVID Precautions at the New Hampshire Ice Castles
- It might seem like common sense, but it is still worth repeating. If you or any member of your party is not feeling well, reschedule your visit for another time when everyone is in tip-top shape.
- If you have already purchased your tickets, you may reschedule through the self-service ticketing system online. For step-by-step guidance through that process, please see the "How Do I Process an Exchange via MyTickets?" article. You may also reschedule by reaching out to Ice Castles here.
- All Ice Castles employees will be masked for the enhanced safety of staff and guests.
- Guests are recommended to wear masks/face coverings in common areas, near other guests, and when interacting with employees.
- To facilitate adherence to physical distancing guidelines, Ice Castles may reduce capacity or close some features of the attraction. Please be patient and understanding with these necessary operational changes.
- High-touch surfaces, such as tablets used at ticketing and concessions, will be sanitized routinely.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be conveniently located near the entrance, exit, restrooms and concession areas.
- Because Ice Castles is an open-air, outdoor event, guests will not be required to provide proof of vaccination.
What to Wear at the New Hampshire Ice Castles
You are not Elsa. The cold will bother you. Dress appropriately for an outdoor winter activity. Bundle up with a hat, scarf, gloves and snow pants if you have them. Invest in hand warmers. You will regret it otherwise. I brought hot packs and stuck them in my shoes for the ultimate comfort while we walked around in the snow. Best decision.
Frequently Asked Questions for the New Hampshire Ice Castles
If we didn't answer your question here, see the Ice Castes FAQs page on the website here.