New Bedford Tree Lighting and AHA Night December 11
The City of New Bedford was originally scheduled to celebrate the tree lighting ceremony on Saturday, December 6, but due to inclement weather, it's now been postponed to AHA Night.
This Thursday night, the city hosts its monthly downtown celebration with lots of activities lined up. AHA night is free and a great way to celebrate the rich culture and holiday spirit that is permeating Downtown NB.
- Deck The Windows, a contest going on now throught the 11th. Merchants have designed their windows in a festive manner to vie for the top spot in this contest. You can see photos of some of the already decorated windows here. WBSM's Phil Paleologos announces the winner Thursday Night. You can also vote by downloading a ballot here.
- Carols in Custom House Park!
- A Very Merry Tuba Christmas with players from Dartmouth High School will perform from 6:30-7pm. Rain Location: New Bedford Whaling Museum (18 Johnny Cake Hill)
- The New Bedford High School Drama Club will be caroling for the season along William Street & at Custom House Square.
- Pilgrim UCC presents a Holiday Sing-a-long and old favorites with Marshall Connolly at the piano. 7-8:30pm, in the Church (635 Purchase Street)
- The String Benders, (a quartet) will also be performing holiday tunes at Cafe Arpeggio from 6p-7p.