New Bedford New Year’s Eve Festivities Move Indoors
NEW BEDFORD — City officials say New Bedford's New Year's Eve celebration will be largely moving indoors due to rain forecast for Saturday night — except for the fireworks, which are still set to go off over the harbor.
The Broken Glass Projections 3D mapping event, which involves projecting an artistic light show over a building in Wing's Court, has been postponed to a later date.
Last year's fireworks event was also affected by weather, as the display was shrouded in clouds.
This year the fireworks display will take place at 8:30 p.m. on Dec. 31, as advertised — despite the weather.
But everything else will move indoors in various locations.
Events are set to take place from 5-8 p.m. on New Year's Eve.
Here's where you can find what you're looking for:
- Vinny's Miracle Fish Puppets, Toe Jam Puppet Band, and the photo booth will move to the New Bedford Whaling Museum
- Ever After Storybook Entertainment Characters are now at the main library
- Cirque de Light and Kaleidoscope Art and Entertainment with magicians and face painting will take place at the Whaling National Historical Park
- Buttonwood Brass Band is at the CVPA Star Store
- The Inter Church Council Worship Service will take place at the Seamen's Bethel
See the Destination New Bedford website for details.